Monday 22 April 2013

Quick Curtain

At the start of the year I acquired a rather useful shop fitting after a local kitchen shop closed down. I wheeled the damn thing half a mile down the road and somehow managed to get it up a flight of stairs and into my flat (imagine the most stubborn supermarket trolley you have ever come across, times the stubborness by ten and then add a few extra tonnes of weight onto that and you'll be able to build up a decent picture of me trying to navigate curbs, tram lines and uneven paving slabs). It was worth it though, it holds so much stuff but as you can see from the picture below, I'm not the neatest when it comes to storing things so I decided to make a curtain to hide the things I hastily chuck in there.


I found a cheap net curtain rail from Wilkos and then set about making a curtain to go across the front. I've never made curtains before and I think I could have done with using slightly bulkier fabric as it doesn't hang very straight at the edges but it does the job and it also detracts from the boring white walls and the laminated wooden furniture in my room.




No comments:

Post a Comment